Monday, April 7, 2014

Thirty-something.


This past weekend I got to spend my birthday with my family, those visiting and then just our little family of four.  And although it has been kind of crazy around here, I am feeling immensely blessed to have such a supportive, considerate husband and best friend, two beautiful children who light up my world and shake it at the same time and an incredible supportive network of friends all over the continent.  Thank you, my dear friends, for your messages and phone calls over the past couple of weeks while we were going through a hard time.  Whatever would I do without you?!

Turning a year older, I have to admit, I don't really feel older.  Maybe tireder.  But likely that is just the stage of life we are in.  You know, when my toddler and infant are both up later than I'd like to be up. When a 'date' with my husband consists of pawning Gabriel off and taking the baby to lunch and rocking her under the table to keep her asleep.  When our ears are finely tuned to the little clicks of doors opening or stairs creaking as our toddler escapes his room.  When we become masters of acrobatics, dodging creaking floorboards and stairs, swinging our feet up over baby gates so we don't have to unlatch them and wake someone up.  It's also the stage that celebrating a birthday is about the little things like sleeping in until 7:45AM, grabbing a long hot shower, taking a walk in the sunshine, ordering take out instead of cooking and going to bed at 9:00PM.  Ha!  I'm sure that there will be more exciting birthdays in my future.  But for now, this suits me just fine.


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment