Sunday, April 13, 2014

Smock: Embrace your inner artist.


So my cousin took me to a cafe in Roncesvalles this past week, and I have to say that I LOVE everything about Smock!  If you live in the West end of Toronto, love art and have a little of your own who does, you will absolutely love this place.

We've been spending a ton of time at indoor gyms this year, which are wonderful and wear Gabriel out.  But there is something about spending all morning in a windowless warehouse in the middle of no. where. with overly bright walls that serve mediocre (read: sketchy) food.  While they keep us entertained, they sort of kill my artsy soul.  So it's places like this that make me believe there is more to this city for kids (and their parents).  If only there were more places like this!

I mean, my cousin and I actually got to sit and drink coffee while Gabriel played.  Once given a marble, he played on the marble wall for about an hour straight while I nursed Magdalene.  We stayed so long that we had a snack AND lunch.

Not sure what I love most: the neighborhood, the ease of parking right outside (on the street), the delicious, fresh and often healthy food and coffee, the green garden wall covered in plants, the vintage-y appeal, the toys for tots or the art centre located at the back.   It appeals to all my aesthetic sensibilities in every way.  In addition, they offer art workshops for kids and mommy classes in the basement.  This place is meant for kids (and their mamas). And it was definitely busy in there!  Busy enough that I would say it would be worth investing in another location even.  This is the kind of thing us mamas eat up.  Really.


Thanks Becca for another fabulous find!  

 You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment