Friday, December 6, 2013

The OOAK Toronto


Last night my cousin and I went to Toronto's One of a Kind show, a large exhibition displaying hundreds of recognized Canadian artists all the way from Vancouver to Newfoundland and far into the Yukon--everything from furriers to stained glass to pottery, to clothiers.  So far I have gone three times, once in Vancouver and twice in Toronto and have loved it!  In fact, it's starting to become an event that I plan the majority of my Christmas shopping around.  What a treat to have so many talented artists in one spot for a whole week while we make our decisions.  And to be able to meet the creators themselves and talk to them about their pieces.  The added bonus is that while you are doing some shopping for family for Christmas, the money goes into the pockets of local talent, so it's something more to feel good about.

My cousin, Rebecca and I had an opportunity to hit up their one time late night show without the kids and shop at our leisure.  Hooray for that!  And came out with her arms full of goodies.  I know that I've said this before, but I am feeling pretty lucky to have family in this city who I am able to spend so much time with.  And then a great city in which to play!


Loved this artist from Haliburton, Ontario: Blackbird Pottery.


Met and talked to this very sweet woman who owns Crumb Designs and makes these aprons.  She did a degree in fashion design and the detail work, the tucks and pleats and fit are perfect. 
 

What kid wouldn't love candy jewelry that smells like baking?


And seriously the most adorable little girl clothing creator I have ever met!  Hanna and Nik.


Had a great time at the OOAK show in Toronto and if you haven't had a chance to go yet and live in Toronto, it's still on until Sunday.  Check out the website here

Ps. OOAK Toronto, while I loved your show, any chance you could bring in some local food/meal vendors to support? 

Pps.  Thanks to all the artists who let me take photos of their beautiful wares!  

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment