Thursday, October 10, 2013

On the farm.


Yesterday was a glorious fall day and there was no better place to spend it than at the farm with little friends.  We trekked all the way to the Whittamore's Farm where they have farm animals, pumpkins, tractor rides, corn maze, a sand pit and play structures.   It was a pretty nice spot, but you have to know, if you plan on going there to bring a lunch. 

Since moving to Toronto, a new friend of mine directed me to an internet "meet-up group."  Apparently every city has them.  Go to meetup.com and it will find all sorts of meet-ups in your location based on interests--like being a mama! In fact, my meetup group has something going on just about every day! Wow, hasn't being a mama really changed with the internet generation?!  Gone are the days of being housebound in the country with your neighbor as your only friend....


The pumpkins were pretty big and Gabriel tried to pick them up.  We eventually found one the right size with a handle. 


 It was an excuse for Gabriel to pull out those adorable little cowboy boots we got in Dallas and a plaid shirt.  I mean, why not?!?


My friend, Victoria!  What would I do without her?  She is guiding me through the logistics of this big city and helping me feel settled.  She's my go-to person for just about everything.  Moving to a big city can be scary and a bit overwhelming so it's extra nice when a kind-hearted person shows you the ropes and makes you feel welcome!  Ever had that neighbor who pops out their door and is like "Hi, if you need ANYTHING... a cup of sugar, anything, I'm right next door!"  Yeah, if you have a new family/person moving in, please be that person, it's so wonderful!


These two were practically attached at the hip.  Little Tatiana is so adorable and makes me excited to have a little girl.  She kept holding my hand, sitting in my lap and leaning affectionately against me.  Gabriel has his cuddly moments too but for the most part, he's pretty independent.  So it was pretty sweet to have some extra cuddles from this little girl.  I think Gabriel and Tatiana really like each other which is so wonderful.  It's always extra nice when your friends' littles are friends too, wouldn't you agree?


Ok, running through a corn maze sounds like a good idea until you have about 20 toddlers going every which way and us chasing after them as they disappear around corners while trying not to get too lost.  In the end, fun.  But a little bit crazy.


We all had a full morning and it was really nice to spend more time with new mama friends and their littles.  Even better when followed by extra long afternoon naps all around! :)  

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment