Friday, July 25, 2014

Nine Years!


This week was our nine year anniversary.  Nine years!  My goodness, that seems like a long time when you say it like that.  But I can still quite vividly remember that very very hot July nine years ago when we stood, so young, our stomachs a bundle of nerves and sweating buckets inside that hot church as we said our vows.  It seems we are such different people and a different couple then we were then--more life experience, more growth in our friendship and relationship, more insight, and the children too!

I say "Anniversary week" because that's sort of what it has been so far.  I thought I had everything planned for a stay-at-home date, but things sort of went sideways as they do with littles.  So....we've sneaked in lunches just the two of us outside in the garden, and later, some lovely (albeit chaotic) suppers with some flowers, dessert, followed by another dessert the next night, films together in the evening on occasion.  That all sounds a bit too romantic doesn't it?  The truth is, I started the week out with the flu, Jordan got it and, now Gabriel has it.  So that sort of put a damper on everything.  And so we've been doing mini lunch dates, because suppers are just too crazy and we don't feel like waiting until the kids are in bed at 8:00.  I guess this is just the reality for a little while longer with two little ones.

Happy Anniversary Husband--the love of my life, my challenger, inspirer, confidente, co-conspirator and best friend.  You keep me laughing and down to earth.  I'm a better person because of you.  Love you forever!

**This picture was taken 10 years ago when we took a trip to Toronto and Niagara falls to see family.  

You might also like: 

No comments:

Post a Comment