Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vintage Boat Boy Room


Over the past two years, my husband and I have lost four of our grandparents who meant a lot to us.  Most recently, both of my grandfathers.  With moving across the country (after having just moved from DC), my husband traveling back and forth from Houston for work, my pregnancy and juggling a toddler, the stress was just too much to be able to make it home.  In notes I sent back to my family, I relayed my feelings as being "infinitely sad" about each of their deaths and have struggled to find closure since not being able to attend their funerals.


But, in our own way, we are finding ways of remembering them and building pieces of their legacies into our lives.  Both of us have inherited a number of old pieces from our grandparents that we have decided to incorporate into our children's rooms--paintings, boats, lamps, chairs, etc.  Here are just a few snapshots of our little guy's room, now complete!


We still have a lot to do on baby girl's room, but the vision is clear (pictures to come after Christmas).  And I looking forward to incorporating pieces from our grandmothers.  I like the idea of passing down legacies to the fourth generation.  Sort of makes you feel like they are watching down on our little ones.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment