Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Junction & Family.


Ok, first off, YAY!! to being closer to family!  And double yay to having aunts, uncles and cousins who live in Toronto.  You know, the kind that you have over for dinner, who you can meet up for coffee or a playdate, who offer to babysit and ones you click with (my fellow creative blogger cousins, I love you!)  Amazing!  I am thrilled. 

Just got back from a pretty full day with cousin, Rebecca in "The Junction"--a hip, up-and-coming neighborhood on Dundas West.  The neighborhood has a lot going on--vintage markets, Saturday markets, unique and trendy men/women and children's clothing boutiques, refurbished, antique and new furniture places, organic grocers, restaurants and coffee shops.  I mean, what else could you ask from a neighborhood??  It has a pretty cool vibe going on too, you know, sort of an eclectic feel.  The side streets are lined with old duplexes with original trim and mouldings, cute little front yards and porches, brick buildings--definitely the kind of place I could see us living, if they had yards for dogs, that is.    


We strolled around for a little bit with my cousin Rebecca and her little one before she was whisked away to an audition.  Then we explored the neighborhood for ourselves.  (Only to reconnect later!)


Annnnnddd... Gabriel feel asleep while I checked out refurbished furniture places and antique shops, so we ended up staying longer than expected. I love how he will still do this!  I feel so lucky!


And then we stayed a little longer to "help" my cousin (Natalie)'s husband Clifford babysit Rebecca's wee one.  I'm not sure who helped who!  He's a natural.  It was clear from his calm, cool, collected demeanor that he could handle anything, including a 7 week old AND a toddler.  Meanwhile I stumbled around on uneven pavement in high heels wondering how I am ever going to manage two children under two!  (Maybe it's more about the heels).  I only wish I had gotten a picture of Gabriel holding the bottle of milk in one hand and my hand in the other while I pushed little Violet in the stroller.  He was very concerned that she needed her milk.  He's going to be such a great older brother!


Clifford took us to the most AMAZING ice cream from Delight on Dundas West (can you see the real chunks of apricot from Niagara in the icecream!?!?  And the chocolate was actually made with chocolate.... I cannot even begin to explain......) and then hit the park to burn off some steam and the ice cream.  


I just love this city.  I love the Junction and we are loving being so close to family.  Feeling sort of like it was meant-to-be that we be in Toronto right now.  And that makes me feel pretty blessed.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment