Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Newest Baby on the Block


We spent yesterday afternoon with Gabriel's bestie, Eli and his newest little baby brother Koa.  And I finally got to hold this little man.  He is so delicate and sweet and content....  My gosh, I've completely forgotten how to hold little babies and for some reason I felt a little nervous that I would do it all wrong!  Isn't it strange that when it's your own child, you never feel that way?  At least I don't remember feeling that way with Gabriel.

It was so lovely to hold this precious little one on my lap all afternoon while he slept and the boys played in the little tot pool, watered the gardens with their little buckets, ate popsicles and gobbled watermelon.  I just can't believe that in less than five months, I'll be holding another little one of my own while navigating the world of having "two under two."  The boys were great but I got just a small taste of how tricky it is going to be holding and nursing a newborn while Gabriel runs around.  I'll be looking for advice in the future (I'll ask you in January).  For now, I chose blissful ignorance. 


Gabriel was ever so sweet with Koa--he didn't want to stop kissing him on his little head.  He must have given him at least 10 kisses and wanted to 'pet' his head very gently with his sticky watermelon/popsicle hands.  I only wish I had been able to capture a photograph but I was too busy making sure that the thing went down gently.  When Koa stirred and started to fuss for milk, Gabriel looked very distraught, sticking his fingers in his mouth and looking very worriedly between Koa's mom, Tina and I.  Who was going to do something to help this baby??  This put my mind at ease.  I think Gabriel's intuition on babies is starting to kick in.  He knows there is something very special and very cautious about newborns.  He might just end up being the sweetest big brother a baby could ask for!


Welcome to the block, little Koa.  I'm such a happy woman that I got to meet you little man! 
 

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment