Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mama pride.


I am sure every mother, every parent, has this moment when your little one is running around, they stop and smile up at you and you just think, "Wow, you really are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen."  Tell me you have moments like this!  And your heart fills with pride.

Gabriel is at the cutest stage right now, jabbering all the time, running around with the most enthusiasm that a child can muster.  He's talking, using words (some of them I understand, about 80% of them I don't).  Then all of sudden out pops a sentence, "Where'd it go?" with a cute little upward inflection at the end of the sentence.  He's simply charming.

Today, while at the grocery store, he flirted with all the cashiers he saw and waved to each person stocking shelves while pretending to drive around in his racecar shopping cart, feet up on the wheel.  My dad would laugh right now, I can hear him.  Since this is exactly the kind of thing I would have done as a child.  If I let him, he'd happily load the shopping cart (helpfully) since that's what he loves to do these days.  Help.  He loves to put things away.  His toys, books, shoes.  Sometimes in the right place.  And sometimes not.  Like the brand new rubber boot that we assume ended up in the garbage can before I put a lock on it, since we haven't been able to find it.  A favorite is unloading the dishwasher and putting things in drawers. He's in charge of the tupperware and the cutting boards.

And that hair!!! With his little curls.  I don't dare ever cut it!  I wish I could just keep those cute little blonde curls the same length forever.  (Also another reason why I took this picture--to show his first hair stylist. "See this haircut.  This is what we want.").

I want to say "Just don't grow up, stay this way forever," but I don't dare.  Growing and changing will only unveil more beauty and more personality, so I am reveling in each little moment. 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness he's turning into a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete