Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother, as Captured in a Photograph.


Today, I looked through some old photographs for pictures of my mother and me and I found this old one from when I was almost exactly Gabriel's age and my mother at my age.  I love this photo of the two of us full-belly laughing as we play in the water--my mom all classy in her white shorts, striped shirt and windblown hair and, me, wispy blonde hair with a look of (I'm not quite sure), mischief?  Something about it strikes familiar. 

Today we celebrated Mother's Day.  Be they our mothers or perhaps women of influence, strength and wisdom in our lives; we thought of them, we called them or took them for tea, or sent flowers or just said a little prayer of thanks for them.  Or we wished we could have done all of that.

Happy Mother's Day to my mother, a strong, devoted and caring woman, who today seems too far away.  And to my son, you make my life richer and fuller and no one makes me laugh or sigh quite like you.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet! Just read your post on Darien's blog and sadly still can't comment on her page, but I can on yours! Anyway, great tips - my big trip with Corinne is just a week away and she's a pretty determined walker at this point, so I'm hoping these will help. No extra seat unless I luck out, though! Hope you guys are doing well! I'm loving the updates on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Isn't that so fun. I was excited to do it. I've loved how the internet manages to keep people in touch. I only hope that we can meet up with them Vancouver. Good luck on your trip and keep me posted. Isn't it amazing how fast they become really independent when they start walking. I think I'd check at the check-in counter to see if there is a seat next to you on the plane. Then you can decide if you are going to bring your carseat to the gate or not. Getting it there is another story.... Those beasts are heavy. I'd see if there is a way to get assistance to get the carseat to the gate or something, especially if you are on your own. Otherwise with a toddler and a carseat and a diaper bag it will be too much. Good luck!!

      Delete